This recipe for pork spare ribs is crazy easy. Spend about 5 minutes of prep time to enjoy a deliciously clean meal a few hours later!
Easy BBQ Pork Spare Ribs
- 4-6 lb pork ribs
- 1/2 Cup Organic Ketchup
- 1/4 - 1/3 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp Cayenne Powder, if desired
- Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 275F. Salt generously the meaty side of ribs and place in single layer, meaty side up, in glass baking pans. If the rack is slightly longer than your pan, simply tuck the ends under a bit. For more than 2 racks of ribs, you will need 2 pans.
- Mix ketchup, Worcestershire, garlic, and cayenne powder in small bowl or measuring cup until well-blended (garlic will appear lumpy). Taste and adjust Worcestershire, adding more if mixture still tastes "ketchupy" and not BBQ-ey. Be generous!
- Using a large spoon, evenly spread the BBQ mixture over the meaty side of the ribs. You may reserve some for use during serving, but I usually do not. Cover the pans tightly with foil and bake for 3-4 hours or until fork-tender. Allow to rest under foil for several minutes before serving. If desired, place under broiler for a few minutes to crisp.
- Be mindful of the ingredients in your prepared sauces! I managed to find a Worcestershire with no MSG, soy, or high fructose corn syrup. Organic ketchup is pretty easy to find nowadays, too, or if you have a great homemade version, use it!
Shady Grove Ranch http://shadygroveranch.net/